Here are our 8 top tips for packing for the hospital:
- Lip Balm/Chapstick - This is a game-changer, your lips will be dry after surgery so having some lip balm or chapstick will feel amazing to re-hydrate them!
- Having an extra-long phone/laptop charger cord - This will make it more comfortable as you won't be reaching over or twisting to use your phone or laptop while it charges.
- Your Own Pillow - Having your own pillow will help you make feel at home and more comfortable. Also handy for after surgery for the ride home to help cushion your sensitive tummy.
- Something To Read - This will help you keep occupied, it could be your favourite book, iPad or Ebooks.
- Headphones/Earplugs - If you love to listen to music or podcasts, remember your headphones so you don't bother anyone else. Earplugs are useful if you just want some peace and quiet and to block any noise out!
- Comfy, Baggy Clothes to Wear Home & Around the Hospital - You’ll want to have loose-fitting, comfy clothes to head home in. You certainly wouldn’t want to put on tight jeans right after having abdominal surgery!
- Bathroom essentials - All the normal, go-to bathroom essentials you would pack when you travel… toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shampoo and conditioner if you’re feeling up to showering.
- Water bottle - This will help you stay hydrated throughout the time in the hospital, it also saves you asking the nurse for more cups of water.Got questions? We love 'em.Get in touch here.