Here are 6 practical things you can do after WLS that you may not know about or get told by the surgeon!
- WALK!!! Big walks, little walks, do what you can and move that booty! Walking is one of the best forms of exercise for your mind, body and soul. Plus, just 30 minutes per day can burn around 150 calories! Giddy up!
- Write down, and/or share your NSV (no-scale victories). Don’t let the scales be the only reflection of your hard work and success. Celebrate all your wins and accomplishments - daily!
- Practice saying nice stuff to yourself. Each morning when you look in the mirror, find 3 things you like about yourself. The more you do this, the more natural it will become.
- SLEEP! Your body is changing and healing, physically and emotionally. Sleep is vital to your health and well-being. Make it a top priority.
- Take note of fullness and hunger cues, this can take some time to get used to.
- Be kind to yourself and thank your body for what it's doing for you.
Got questions? We love 'em.Get in touch here.