Bite-sized, low-carb and seriously moreish. A snack sure to satisfy your sweet treat craving! You'll love how easy and fun these are to make too. Plus, they freeze really well.
Here's what you'll need:
- 3 ripe bananas
- ⅓ cup (85g) natural peanut butter
- ½ cup (90g) sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- Peel and slice the bananas. Line a tray or chopping board with baking paper.
- Place about ½ teaspoon of peanut butter onto the banana slices and top with another banana slice to make a little ‘sandwich’. You should be able to make around 30 sandwiches.
- Place the bananas on the prepared baking paper and store it in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Next, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in the microwave or using the water bath method.
- Once the chocolate is melted, dip each frozen banana sandwich into the melted chocolate so that half of it is coated.
- Place the chocolate covered sandwiches back on the baking paper platter, and into the freezer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Once the chocolate is set, you can transfer the bananas into a container and store in the freezer for up to 1-2 months.
- The longer the bananas stay in the freezer, the harder they will get. So remove them from the freezer for about 5 minutes before eating.