Your mind might be swirling with what you should and shouldn’t be eating. What is allowed and what isn’t?
So, let’s clear a few things up!
- No food is ‘good’ or ‘bad’. Some are just more appropriate right now
- Seeking out only low calorie or diet foods is not always the best option
- The less highly processed, overly packaged foods we eat, the better
- Normal healthy food does not have to mean lettuce leaves and alfalfa sprouts!
- You don’t have to eat foods you don’t like just because they are ‘good for you’ or ‘high in protein’
- You also don’t have to count calories to be successful post-WLS!
Some foods nourish us physically, and some nourish us mentally and emotionally, so listen to your body and find the happy medium of eating foods you enjoy, but that are reasonably nutritious.
Top tip - with each meal, ask yourself ‘what can I add to this to make it more nourishing and satisfying?’
…and don’t forget to take your multivitamins!