Carbs are a hot topic within the WLS community, so let me ask you, yay or nay to carbs?
Everyone’s carbohydrate needs are different and minimising them too much (for you) or avoiding them altogether can actually be a stress to the body. It’s far more beneficial to be discerning about the types of carbs you eat and how you consume them.
Plus, carbohydrates play a valuable role in how we look and feel, it's an important macro-nutrient needed for growth, metabolism and many other important body functions.
Instead of avoiding all carbs, how ‘bout trying to reduce your intake of those that require significant human intervention to produce?
Focus on eating whole, real food sources of carbohydrates that suit your digestive system which might include:
- Root vegetables like Pumpkin, Kumara and Carrots
- Green vegetables like Broccoli, Spinach and Zucchini
- Grains like Quinoa, Oats and Popcorn
- Fruit like Prunes, Bananas, Apples and Berries
- Pulses like Beans, Lentils and Chickpeas
- All kinds of seeds and nuts
Got questions? We love 'em.Get in touch here.